Code Enforcement Responsibilities:
The City of Greenwood is a well-kept community and citizens expect that neighbors will keep up and maintain their property. The City’s Code Enforcement Contact investigates and responds to written complaints or through the website Report a Concern, regarding violations of the City Code and policies related to:
- Weeds or tall grass
- Lack of property maintenance
- Trash or debris in front or side yards
- Other situations related to codes
We do encourage neighbors to work out issues without City involvement if possible.
Persons found to be in violation of the City Code are given notification of the violation and an opportunity to correct the situation without further action. Most complaints are resolved after the first contact. Two actions may result if compliance is not obtained as follows:
- For zoning violations citations to appear in City Court may be issued.
- For nuisance violations the City may correct the violation and have the cost of such abatement included in a special tax bill or added to the property’s annual real estate tax bill.