Serves as an advisory board to the Board of Aldermen. The Park and Recreation Board consist of seven (7) members who shall be appointed by the Mayor, subject to the consent of the Board of Aldermen. At least four (4) of the members appointed must be residents of the City of Greenwood.
- Survey and make plans for the development and maintenance of facilities and activities for an adequate municipal park system.
- Recommend a budget based upon monies received pursuant to the City’s sales tax for park purposes and submit it to the Board of Aldermen on an annual basis.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Aldermen on the improvement, care, maintenance, and operation of the City’s parks.
- Develop a long-term plan for the City’s parks and submit it to the Board of Aldermen for its approval.
- Develop, organize, and administer recreational activities, events, sports, and games.
- The president of the Park and Recreation Board shall present to the Board of Aldermen an annual report.
Park Board Members
Vickie Stephens, President
Dennis Price, Vice President
Brian Maday, Board Member
Andrea Cohen, Board Member
Maleda Babiarz, Board Member
Brenna Siegel, Board Member
Heather Feden-McCarty, Board Member
Martin Booze, Park Board Employee
Bob Gotway, Jr., Sports Director
Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the 1st Monday of each month in the Council Chambers at Greenwood City Hall.
Agendas and Minutes:
View Agendas and Minutes