The City Clerk's office is the custodian of records. The City Clerk provides clerical support for the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. The City Clerk is responsible for the following duties:
- Custodian of Records, maintaining the Cities official records.
- Administer Oaths of Office to Elected Officials and Police Officers
- Certify official City documents
- Election Official for the City and coordinate with Jackson County and Cass County for elections; accepts candidate filings for elected offices and certifies the election results
- Prepare Board of Alderman meeting agendas and recording the minutes of the meetings
- Respond to request for information and copies pursuant to requirements of the Missouri Sunshine Law.
- Issuing and maintaining business licenses and liquor licenses
- Maintaining personnel records and benefits information
- Accept volunteer applicants for city boards and commissions
- Certifies the validity of City documents for court evidence
- Notary public of the State of Missouri
- Maintain the official City Seal